Experts Address the Power of Technology for Social Good
The Game Changers Summit, hosted by United Methodist Communications, is an international conference focused on using communications technology for social good throughout the developing world.
Keynote speaker Ken Banks is a PopTech Fellow, a Tech Awards Laureate, an Ashoka Fellow and a National Geographic Emerging Explorer, and has been internationally recognized for his technology-based work.
The Summit also welcomes:
- Chris Locke, the founder of Caribou Digital, and former managing director of GSMA Mobile for Development, which works with the mobile industry globally to build services that have a development impact for the poorest in the world;
- Bruce Baikie, Inveneo’s executive director and Green WiFi founder, whose extensive experience in the energy and telecom industries has led to the implementation of successful solar-powered ICT4D projects;
- Wayan Vota, a Technology Museum Laureate, Global Social Business Incubator alumnus, and DevEx International Development leader who has addressed the Clinton Global Initiative, the International Telecommunications Union, the World Summit on Information Society, the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, and the government of Queensland on sustainable deployment methodologies;
- Multi-award winning producer and social innovator Firdaus Kharas, who has created, directed and produced nearly 2,400 animated behavior-change communications shorts, which have been shown in more than 150 countries, adapted into over 90 languages, and have reached more than a billion people in their own language; and
- A host of other ICT experts and practitioners using mobile phones, solar power and low-energy computing in development.Read more about speakers.
United Methodists are using emerging technologies to improve education, health and job skills development, and to overcome the challenges presented by the digital divide. United Methodist Communications leads in best practices, capacity building and catalyzing the adoption of these technologies to help the human spirit flourish. Read more about best practices.
The Summit will be September 3-5, 2014, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Register now!